Scottish Tablet Company is a sole trader with premises located at White Gables, Carradale, Argyll PA28 6QG
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Scottish Tablet Company reserves the right to make changes to this site and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
1. Site Use: All customers MUST be 18 years or over. Purchasing from us is acceptance of this and our terms and conditions and confirmation that you are over 18 years old. The customer is responsible for the importation of our products into their country (where applicable) and must obey the import regulations of their State or Country.
2. Product Descriptions: A description of the product is provided with each item. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. However, if you buy goods that have an unsuitable specification that was not apparent from our website, we will accept the return of the goods in good condition and refund any money paid for the goods. We will always endeavour to use the correct product in the gift arrangement as advertised, however if this is not possible, we will replace with an alternative product equal or more in value. The photos, product names, descriptions & artwork are the intellectual property of Scottish Tablet Company and cannot be copied, downloaded or used without the express written permission of Scottish Tablet Company. Other branded products should be accepted as the owners copyright.
3. Pricing Policy: The price for the goods will be stipulated at the time you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take into account any increase in our supplier’s prices or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery and insurance charges (unless otherwise stated) which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order. Al prices stated for postal items are for standard second class delivery in the UK. Please contact us if you require a different level of service or delivery to another country. Hand delivered goods delivery charges will be quoted to you when your phone order is taken.
SPECIAL OFFERS-when available details will be given on the website
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error, or an error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Scottish Tablet Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price. Scottish Tablet Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Scottish Tablet Company shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
4. Manufacturer’s Warranty: Certain products appear differently depending on lighting conditions, resulting in apparent colour variations shown on our web site. Therefore, colours shown should only be used as a guide. We reserve the right to amend and improve product specification.
5a. Delivery of Postal Goods: Rates for carriage and handling will be shown with each product and are extra to the cost price unless otherwise indicated. Goods will usually be dispatched from the premises within 1 – 2 working days. You should then allow a further 7-10 working days for postal delivery within the UK. Outside of the UK you will be notified direct about delivery times.
5b. Delivery of Hand delivered/couriered Goods: Rates for the delivery service within the Argyll area will be quoted to you when you place your telephone order and are additional to the cost price unless otherwise advised. Goods will usually be dispatched from the premises within 1 – 2 working days. You should then allow a further 1-2 working days for the delivery service. Urgent orders can be dealt with by contacting the company direct. A signature will be obtained for the delivery by the courier. If the recipient is not in, we will attempt to leave the order with a neighbour. If a neighbour is not available, the order will be brought back to our premises and automatic re-delivery made on the next working day. If the delivery is still unsuccessful, the order will be kept in the premises for one more working day, awaiting contact from the recipient. After this time, the product will be destroyed. In case of deliveries being made to Business, Hospital or Hotel addresses, we can only deliver to receptions, post rooms, or receiving bays. For security reasons, we are not allowed to deliver direct to hospital wards, business departments or hotel rooms.
We will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside our control. Any dates we specify for the delivery of goods are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods unless caused by our negligence. If however, the company is temporarily out of stock or waiting re-order of further supplies, you should allow 10-21 days before goods are dispatched from the warehouse. We will endeavour to contact you to inform you of this position. For delays for more than 21 days, you will have the right, at the time of notification by us, to cancel your purchase. All orders require that a 'land line' phone number be supplied, in order that we may contact you to confirm delivery. The company includes insurance up until such time the carrier or postal service has duly fulfilled their responsibilities. For more specific delivery requirements please contact us direct.
6. Payment Methods: For orders placed via the internet we accept all major credit cards and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Delta and Switch. There is no surcharge for using your credit card to make purchases with Scottish Tablet Company through the internet. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number - the address and phone number your credit card bank has on file for you. Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order. Your order will only be processed once authorisation of your credit card has been properly received. For telephone orders we accept payment by paypal transfer and we will invoice you directly, or payment directly into Scottish Tablet Company’s Bank Account. We accept payment by cheque, however it should be noted that it can take up to 10 working days for cheques to clear and goods will not be shipped until all funds are cleared. We do not offer any credit facilities. We will issue you with an electronic invoice once we have received payment in full for your order.
8. Ingredient Information: Due to the nature of the manufacture of our sweets and the number of suppliers we use, we cannot list every ingredient on this website. However we can guarantee that sweets are suitable for vegetarian in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Vegetarian Society. We cannot guarantee that they are free from traces of nuts. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you do require any specific information about a certain product then please contact us directly and we will do our best to answer your queries.
9. Copyright: The text, design and content of this site are the copyright of Scottish Tablet Company. Nothing on this site may be reproduced without first obtaining written permission.
10. Failure to Supply: If we do not supply the goods for any reason, we will not charge you for these goods and we will refund any money already paid for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply goods.
11. Notification of Damaged Goods: Should goods arrive damaged; it will be your responsibility to notify us within 3 working days of receipt by e-mail with photos to: email@example.com (If you do not do this we shall have no liability for goods said to be damaged on delivery). You will be advised of the return to address. All returned goods must be sent via a service that maintains a tracking facility. Scottish Tablet Company will not take responsibility if goods that are returned by you through any service that does not provide this facility. Any loss or damage will be solely for your account. You must enclose your contact details with the item(s). Please note we do our best to ensure right all sweets (and ancillary items) are sent out in perfect condition – we cannot except responsibility for the climatic conditions experienced once the product has left our premises.
12. General Return of Goods: Goods, which are returned for exchange in all respects, MUST be in the condition and packaging you received them. These terms apply for 30 days from the date of purchase and are in addition to your statutory rights. If posting goods, please keep proof of posting. Although we do not offer refunds this does not affect your statutory rights. Postage is non-returnable – your statutory rights are not affected.
13. Enforcement of Conditions: Failure, by us, to enforce any one of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions.
14. Governing Law: The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. We operate a complaints handling procedure, which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint contacts us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. We advise you to print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions.